This course presents and explains the New Foreign Investment Law, what has changed in practice in the business arena for foreign companies, and if it really aims to revolutionize China’s market for foreign businesses. Through case studies and analysis sharing, the participants gain legal basics and useful skills on how to approach WOFEs and Sino-foreign ventures in a new regulatory realm.
- Differentiating between types of foreign and Sino-foreign establishments under New Foreign Investment Law
- Understanding the options for foreign businesses in China’s market
- Explaining the situation of entities that had been formed before the New Foreign Investment Law
Commercial contracts and contract management are part of daily business. Particular attention should be paid to the drafting of contractual clauses, such as applicable law, payment terms and termination, to avoid pitfalls. This course integrates these parameters. Participants learn legal basics and practical about contractual do’s and don’ts and how to identify specific risks.
- Differentiate the main commercial contracts (such as agency, distributors, suppliers);
- Master the basics to draft and negotiate a commercial contract (e.g. boilerplate terms such as dispute resolution and problem areas such as penalty, damages, breach of contract);
- Case studies and analysis sharing (risks and common mistakes).
When commercial businesses default on a contractual agreement, it becomes essential to preserve the creditor’s rights and start the process to recover outstanding amounts. This course explores the various collection methods available to preserve the creditor’s rights and efficiently collect the outstanding payments. The training allows participants to apprehend legal basics and acquire essential practices to have chance to succeed in debt recovery.
- Identify the key steps in the debt collection process, from preparation to enforcement
- Gain practical knowledge about the different modes of recovery and different types of proceedings
- Deal with difficulties related to the debtor’s situation
China’s tech-driven economy and the country’s evolving legal landscape demand a reevaluation of the regulatory framework for personal liabilities of executives. This training allows participants to have a comprehensive overview of the principles of the executives’ personal liabilities and provides guidance in setting up preventive measures in order to avoid or mitigate such liabilities.
- Understand the principles of the executives’ personal liabilities (civil, administrative, criminal) and relevant regulations related to the company’s industry
- Gain insights and skills to identify the different liabilities and risks of sanctions
- Identify key steps to establish and implement internal compliance policies and procedures.
M&A implementation requires mastering both practices and regulations, in order to secure the transfer and restructuring of the company. This training allows you to increase your skills on the key steps to establish sound and clear basis between the involved companies and ensure the M&A implementation in terms of strategy and organization.
- Manage all the steps of an M&A process from origin to closing
- Understand M&A operations at the strategic, financial, legal, HR and organizational levels
- Articulate the different stages of negotiation and facilitate the integration of the target company